Top Dangerous Foods for Babies
- Whole Hot Dogs
- Hard Candy
- Whole Grapes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Raw veggies, such as carrots
- Large pieces of fruit, veggies, bread or meat
Never leave baby unattended while baby is eating.
It is recommended to wait until your child is 4 years old before offering these foods. Studies have shown that children under the age of 4 may not have the ability to chew these foods into small enough pieces to prevent choking.
Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder – Great for babies over 6 months
- The colors may very.
- You can put fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries, apples, pears) into these feeders to reduce the risk of choking.
- You can put frozen fruit or veggies in them as a natural remedy for teething pain.
- They are a little hard to clean but I found a toothbrush worked well to clean through the mesh.
- Top rack of dishwasher safe
- Comes in 3 different sizes
- Meets all federal safety requirements
Foods to Avoid
These foods can be life threatening if introduced before first birthday.
Honey – Honey can contain botulism spores, which can grow and produce life-threatening toxins in babies. Do not
use honey in anything until baby is at least one. Honey can prompt infant botulism due to the immaturity of a baby’s intestinal tract.
Cow Milk – It should not be introduced at all until after your baby’s first birthday. It is very difficult for babies to digest it and it does not contain the nutrients to sustain a growing infant, causing adverse effects on growth and development.
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!