Steamed Sweet Potato Puree Recipe
- Wash one sweet potato and peel it.
- Cut it into 1-1/2″ slices and quarter the slices.
- Add 3 cups of water to the steamer saucepot and place the steam basket into the saucepot.
- Cover the steamer and set the temperature to med-high.
- Once the water is boiling, put the sweet potato chunks into the steamer basket and cover.
- Steam them for about 7 minutes or until tender – Add more water if needed.
- Remove the chunks from the steamer and place them into the Vitamix or a blender of your choice.
- Add 4 ounces of water from the saucepot (it contains a lot of nutrients) and 2 scoops of formula OR 4 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if the puree is too thick.
Sweet Potato Puree Mixtures
- Acorn Squash: 4 months
- Apples: 4 months
- Apricots: 6 months
- Avocados: 4 months
- Bananas: 4 months
- Barley: 4 months
- Blueberries: 8 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Butternut Squash: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Green Beans: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Oatmeal Cereal: 4 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Peas: 6 months
- Pumpkin: 6 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!