Steamed Fresh Apricot Puree Recipe
- Wash 3 apricots in cold water.
- Peel the apricots. Peeling apricots is recommended before 8 months to avoid tummy upsets.
- Slice around the apricot seam with a paring or small knife.
- Twist the halves in opposite directions to separate.
- Remove the pit with your fingers or spoon.
- Cut the apricots into 1″ slices.
- Add 3 cups of water to the steamer saucepot and place the steam basket into the saucepot.
- Cover the steamer and set the temperature to med-high.
- Once the water is boiling, put the slices into the steamer basket and cover.
- Lower the temperature to simmer.
- Steam for 5 mins.
- Remove the apricots from the steamer and place them into Vitamix or blender of your choice.
- Add 2 ounces of water from the saucepot (it contains a lot of nutrients) and one scoop of formula OR 2 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if the puree is too thick.
Apricot Puree Mixtures
- Apples: 4 months
- Avocados: 4 months
- Bananas: 4 months
- Blueberries: 8 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Oatmeal Cereal: 4 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Peaches: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!