Steamed Carrot Puree Recipe
- Remove the greens from 4 carrots by twisting them off.
- Wash the carrots and peel them.
- Cut off the ends and discard.
- Cut them into 1″ thick rounds.
- Add about 2 cups of water to the steamer saucepot and place the steam basket into the saucepot.
- Cover the steamer and set the temperature to med-high.
- Once the water is boiling, put the carrot rounds into the steamer basket and cover.
- Steam for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the rounds from the steamer and place them into the Vitamix or a blender of your choice.
- Add 4 ounces of bottled water from the saucepot (it contains a lot of nutrients) and 2 scoops of formula OR 4 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if the puree is too thick.
Carrot Puree Mixtures
- Acorn Squash: 4 months
- Apples: 4 months
- Apricots: 6 months
- Bananas: 4 months
- Barley: 4 months
- Blueberries: 8 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Butternut Squash: 4 months
- Green Beans: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Oatmeal Cereal: 4 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Peaches: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Peas: 6 months
- Pumpkin: 6 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!