Roasted Butternut Squash Puree Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash one butternut squash.
- Dry it so it will not be slippery when cutting it.
- Lay the squash on its side on a sturdy cutting board.
- Cut off both ends – This makes the next step easier.
- Place the bottom (larger) end on the cutting board so the top end is facing up.
- Using a large kitchen knife cut the squash in half, starting at the top and working the knife down.
- Place the two halves flesh down and facing opposite directions into a glass baking dish.
- Slightly brush olive oil over the skin.
- Add enough water to the glass baking dish so that the squash is emerged in 2″ of water.
- Place the glass baking dish in the oven and roast for 35-40 mins or until the skin starts to wrinkle.
- Remove from oven and put one half on a plate or cutting board, flesh facing up.
- Remove the seeds using a spoon and discard the seeds.
- Scrape out all of the flesh using a spoon and put in Vitamix or blender.
- Discard the skin.
- Do the same for the second half.
- Add 4 ounces of the retained water from the baking dish (it contains a lot of nutrients) and 2 scoops of formula OR 4 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until it can easily pour into ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if the puree is too thick.
Butternut Squash Puree Mixtures
- Acorn Squash: 4 months
- Apples: 4 months
- Avocados: 4 months
- Bananas: 4 months
- Barley: 4 months
- Blueberries: 8 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Green Beans: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Oatmeal Cereal: 4 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Peaches: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Pumpkin: 6 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!