How to Make Pear Baby Food
The best blender puree baby food is made with pears at their prime! Pears are removed from trees before they are ripe. If they are left on a tree too long, they will end up with a grainy texture because the sugars form starch crystals. This is the reason pears are usually not ready to eat when you buy them at the grocery store.
How to Select Pears
- Smooth skin
- No bruises, dents or holes
- Slightly gives when gently pressed
- If they are too firm, leave them out at room temp until ripe.
Health Benefits for Pears
- Hypoallergenic food
- High in dietary fiber
- Helps prevent or relieve constipation
- Fiber reduces blood pressure
- Fiber lowers cholesterol
- Promotes healthy heart
- Reduce risk of breast and colon cancer
- Rich in antioxidants
Vitamins and Minerals in Pears
- Vitamins: B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine), C, folic acid and K
- Minerals: Calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese and potassium
Pear Puree Recipes Baby Will Love
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!