Steamed Fresh Pea Puree Recipe
- Wash peas in their pods.
- Remove peas from pods – Should have 2 cups of peas.
- Add 3 cups of water to the steamer saucepot and place the steam basket into the saucepot.
- Cover the steamer and set the temperature to med-high.
- Once the water is boiling, put 2 cups of peas into the steamer basket and cover.
- Steam for about 7 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Remove the peas from the steamer and place them into Vitamix or blender of your choice.
- Add 4 ounces of water from the saucepot (it contains a lot of nutrients) and 2 scoops of formula OR 4 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if the puree is too thick.
Pea Puree Mixtures
- Acorn Squash: 4 months
- Apples: 4 months
- Avocados: 4 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Green Beans: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!