Steamed Fresh Green Bean Puree Recipe
- Wash 2 cups green beans in cold water.
- Cut off both ends and then cut them in half.
- Add 3 cups of water to the steamer saucepot and place the steam basket into the saucepot.
- Cover the steamer and set the temperature to med-high.
- Once the water is boiling, put the green beans into the steamer basket and cover.
- Steam for about 8-10 minutes or until tender – Add more water if needed.
- Remove the green beans from the steamer and place them into Vitamix or blender of your choice.
- Add 4 ounces of water from the saucepot (it contains a lot of nutrients) and 2 scoops of formula OR 4 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if the puree is too thick.
Green Bean Puree Mixtures
- Acorn Squash: 4 months
- Apples: 4 months
- Avocado: 4 months
- Blueberries: 8 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Butternut Squash: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Mango: 6 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Peas: 6 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!