Boiled Blueberry Puree Recipe
You should boil blueberries if you introduce them to your baby before 8 months old.
- Gently wash fresh or frozen blueberries in cool water.
- Add 1 cup of bottled water to saucepot.
- Bring water to a boil and add 2 cups of blueberries.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer for 25 mins or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove blueberries with a slotted spoon and place into Vitamix or blender.
- Add 2 ounces of water from the saucepot and one scoop of formula OR 2 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more reserved blueberry water or breast milk to thin.
Blueberry Puree Mixtures
- Acorn Squash: 4 months
- Apples: 4 months
- Apricots: 6 months
- Avocados: 4 months
- Bananas: 4 months
- Butternut Squash: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Green Beans: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Mango: 6 months
- Nectarines: 4 months
- Oatmeal Cereal: 4 months
- Peaches: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Plums: 6 months
- Pumpkin: 4 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!