Baked Fresh Apricot Puree Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, peel and cut 3 apricots in half by cutting around the seam using a paring or small knife.
- Twist the halves in opposite directions to separate.
- Remove the pits with your fingers or a spoon.
- Place the halves open side down in a glass baking dish.
- Add enough bottled water so that there is 1″ of water in the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 mins or until the skin starts to wrinkle, checking the water level to maintain the 1″ depth. Add more water if needed.
- Remove the apricots and place into Vitamix or blender of your choice.
- Add 2 ounces of the reserved water from the baking dish (it contains a lot of nutrients) and one scoop of formula OR 2 ounces of breast milk.
- Blend until the puree can easily pour out of the blender into the ice cube trays.
- Add more water or breast milk if puree is too thick.
Apricot Puree Mixtures
- Apples: 4 months
- Avocados: 4 months
- Bananas: 4 months
- Blueberries: 8 months
- Brown Rice Cereal: 4 months
- Carrots: 6 months
- Kale: 6 months
- Oatmeal Cereal: 4 months
- Parsnips: 6 months
- Peaches: 6 months
- Pears: 4 months
- Sweet Potatoes: 4 months
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!