How to Create Baby Food Combinations
Creating baby food combinations is an easy and fun process! You can find recommended combinations under each recipe, but don’t be afraid to experiment! Follow these super simple steps to create an endless variety of baby food! The sky is the limit!
Combinations you may think are a bit odd, your baby might just LOVE! You’ll be amazed by all of the options you have right at your fingertips. Baby will not eat green beans? No problem! Mix in some apples and it could be baby’s favorite food! Have fun with it and enjoy the beauty of feeding your precious little one the best foods available.
Directions for Combining Purees
Items you will need:
- BPA-free glass baby food container
- (check out Rachel’s Essentials to learn why this product is recommended)
- 2 Frozen baby food cubes of your choice (your baby’s age will determine how much your baby will eat)
- Wash your hands.
- Place one frozen baby food cube into glass baby food container. (Ex. 1 cube of carrot puree)
- Place one frozen baby food cube into the same glass container. (Ex. 1 cube of sweet potato puree)
- Put the uncovered glass container into the microwave.
- Warm the cubes on the defrost setting for 20 seconds.
- Stir with a spoon to ensure that both cubes are defrosting as evenly as possible.
- Put the glass container back into the microwave for another 20 seconds on the defrost setting.
- Stir again with a spoon.
- If both cubes are completely defrosted, cautiously stick the tip of a finger into the puree to check the temperature. You want it to be warm and not hot.
- If it is still cold, warm it up for another 10-15 seconds on the defrost setting.
- Remove from microwave, stir and check the temperature again. Keep in mind that microwave times may vary.
- If it is still cold, add a little more time or if it is too hot, let it cool before serving.
Congratulations! You can now experiment with food combinations!
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!