How to Make Avocado Baby Food
Introducing solid foods baby doesn’t take to right away can be a daunting task. For this reason, I recommend introducing veggies and avocados before sweet fruits. Baby will likely be more accepting to them rather then after they taste the sweet stuff. In addition, avocados are packed with vitamins and minerals that are crucial in baby’s first year.
How to Select Avocados
- Dark but not too dark
- Slightly gives when gently pressed
- Make sure the end stem is intact.
- No bruises, dents or holes
Health Benefits for Avocados
- High in fiber
- Fiber lowers cholesterol
- Contains healthy unsaturated fats
- Promotes vision, brain and physical health
- Good source of protein
- Reduces the risk of certain cancers
- Relieves arthritis pain
- Relieves constipation
- Can reduce the side effects of chemotherapy
Vitamins and Minerals in Avocados
- Vitamins: A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic), B6 (pyridoxine), C, folic acid and K
- Minerals: Copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and zinc
Avocado Puree Recipes Baby Will Love
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!