How to Make Apple Baby Food
These homemade applesauce recipes are easy to make and offer many health benefits! To get the most out of apple pureed baby food recipes, start by selecting the most nutritious apples. I recommend using large red delicious apples because they have twice the antioxidants and yield greater health benefits than granny smith apples. Crab and ida apples are also a great option!
Most Nutritious Apples
- Red delicious, crab or ida apples
- Use organic apples because they are among the Dirty Dozen.
- No soft spots
- No bruises or dents
Health Benefits for Apples
- Prevents dementia
- Detoxifies liver
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Rich in antioxidants and flavonoids
- Helps prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- Relieves diarrhea and constipation
- Reduces risk of colon and liver cancer
- Prevents cataracts and gallstones
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Boosts the immune system
Vitamins and Minerals in Apples
- Vitamins: A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6 (pyridoxine), C, E and folic acid
- Minerals: Calcium, copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium
Apple Puree Recipes Baby Will Love
Leave comments, feedback or success stories below!